Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Something New, #93

I watch a lot of TV.

Actually, I don't really WATCH that much, it's just that there's always a TV on somewhere in my home. I know, it's bad for the kids, but then I spout back that both girls are 3 grade-levels ahead in their reading and 2 in math, so shut up.

So, most of the programs I watch are of the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon variety. Actually, I'll seek out Drake and Josh and iCarly.

But when I get to choose the programming, it's always something I've seen. My television viewing is pretty much limited to CSI and Clean House. It takes me a while to catch onto a program, and that's only when it's been recommended to me. I am probably the only American who has not seen Grey's Anatomy, Lost, American Idol, Survivor, or Big Brother. Seriously. Not one episode.

So when I managed to catch the tail-end of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (IMHO, BEST last line of a movie ever: Willy Wonka: But Charlie, don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he he always wanted. Charlie Bucket: What happened? Willy Wonka: He lived happily ever after.) I was too exhausted to get off the fat couch, so I watched a program I'd never heard of or had recommended to me.

Shocking, I know...

It was actually a cute show, The Middleman. I'm not sure if it's serious science fiction or campy science fiction, but I'm gonna go with campy.

Wow, I'm really broadening my horizons...

No comments: