Saturday, July 19, 2008

Something New, #84

My sister-in-law is training for a 5K. I've decided to join her, at least in moral support, as I don't actually plan on running a 5K. But I need to lose weight, so maybe this will help.

She told me the program she's using will get the runner to a 5K in about 8 weeks.

I did Day One today. Walk 5 minutes, then run 60 seconds and walk 90 seconds for the next 20 minutes.

I thought it would be pretty easy, since I'm up to walking 4 miles a day now.

Yeah, running, even at a snail's jog, is NOT the same as walking. For one thing, I was not as diligent with my Kegel's after birthing two babies as I should have been. I did OK, so maybe easing into it 60 seconds at a time will help.

But, I'm determined to be consistent, and it is still my dream to weigh what my driver's license says by the end of the year.

I'll see if I make it through the next 8 weeks.

No comments: