Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Something New, #66

When I went to get my oil changed today, I had a very interesting conversation with a stranger.

I sat down, and there were 2 men also waiting. The younger man looked at both of us and said, "Isn't it interesting how people's lives cross? I'd never known before today that you two even existed."

Not your typical oil change place waiting room conversation.

Instead of just smiling politely and nodding, I went with it.

I told him how I believed that every person you have any kind of relationship with, makes you who you are.

He said I'd just blown his mind.

OK, I don't think it's quite that mind blowing, but he then said he'd never thought of it that way. I went on that I believed it doesn't matter if it's a good or bad relationship, it influences who you are.

My car was ready shortly after that, but still, it was an extraordinary conversation in an ordinary place.

No comments: