Friday, July 25, 2008

Something New, #90

Because I work one full-time job, two part-time jobs and have a home business, I'm tired. I feel like I'm in a constant state of exhaustion for most of my waking hours. Even caffinated up, I'm still sleepy.

So since this week was especially a sleep deprived one, with a sleepover for the girls on Monday, The Little One keeping me up most of the night on Tuesday, and working an event on Wednesday, I barely had my eyes open when I got home from work.

My friend, Paula, calls the time between 5 and 6 PM the "Suicide Hour," because that's when you walk in the door to the kids, and they want your attention, to be fed, and the dog feels the same. You do pretty much feel like killing yourself on some days.

Today I skipped the Suicide Hour, and told the girls I was taking a nap.

Of course I've had naps, but never right after work like that.

This Something New is definitely a keeper.

No comments: