Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Something New, #65

I have followed the same morning routine since about the 7th grade or so. Get up, take shower, put on make-up, fix hair, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush teeth, leave house. Since I've had kids and started working full time, I've inserted after "get dressed", make coffee, make lunch(es), fix kids' breakfasts, wake up kids, get kids dressed, get everyone's teeth brushed, scream at kids to hurry up, because we're late, gather up belongings that kids need for the day, put dog in crate, leave house...

Since The Little One insists on getting in bed with me every night, I don't get much sleep because she's got her feet in my back. So I changed things up this morning, starting with the coffee first. Then I made lunch and breakfasts, took shower, etc.

It seemed to go a lot smoother. Maybe that caffeine jolt first thing helped.

We didn't get out of the house any faster, but I think we could. I might have to tweak it a bit. Wouldn't hurt to try. Anything to remove "scream at kids to hurry up, because we're late" from the lineup.

No comments: