Sunday, January 18, 2009

Something New, #259

When I was little, I'd go spend a couple of weeks with my grandmother in Eufaula, Oklahoma.

Her house had no central air and if you've ever been to Oklahoma in the summer, you know it's brutal. So at night, she'd move the bed to the center of the room, so it was directly under the ceiling fan, and we'd sleep with our heads at the foot of the bed. The idea was that we were closer to the fan, and therefore would be kept cooler. I'm not sure if it worked or not.

Anyway, I thought of this last night and tried it. I figured with all my sleep issues, it couldn't hurt.

It didn't make a bit of difference, and because I have no footboard, the pillows kept sliding off and The Neurotic Dog was restless, because she didn't know where to lie. Plus, I really felt like my head was exposed without a headboard to ground it.

Maybe I just need to get over it and get that Ambien prescription.

No comments: