Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Something New, #99

Super Bad

I was rude to a stranger in public.

Actually, I don't know if that's what really happened.

A couple of months ago, I was walking TND, The Big One, The Little One, and their best friends, The Big One II and The Little One II. We were in front of TCGIBS42Y's house and this male beagle came running down the street, off the leash, teeth bared, and lit into The Little One II. I yelled at all the girls to run across the street, to get away, then the beagle lit into TND. I had to pull him off her with both hands and he took off at an amazing run up the hill. The Little One II was crying at this point, and I had to get her and the rest of the girls and TND all calmed down before we could go home. I got everyone moving again, but was shaking.

When we got to the top of the hill, a woman in a car pulled up and asked if we had seen a beagle. We all shouted "YES!" and pointed in the direction the dog had gone.

So last night, both girls and I were walking up to McDonald's to get ice cream, and the woman was walking the beagle. Obviously, she found her dog.

The beagle started after TND and she took off after him. Unfortunately, I was still holding the leash and went with her. The woman then began screaming at me to get my dog back, and to KICK her. I yelled, "This dog attacked her, and she's not going to forget that!"

I did get TND away, but the beagle was still yapping and pulling his owner as we went down the hill.

Stupid beagle.

I still feel that my dog was not in the wrong, since the beagle was the instigator. After all, all TND was doing was protecting her babies.

Good Girl.

No comments: