Friday, August 8, 2008

Something New, #103

It looks like this blog is leaning in the direction of how to score free plants and how to deal with the aftermath of my noontime walks, but that's what I've got, so I gotta work with it.

After my walk today (3.4 miles in 45 minutes, thank you very much)I was especially, uh, ripe. I noticed the hand sanitizer in the bathroom and figured since it's mostly alcohol it might alleviate my problem.

I slathered it on like body lotion. Note to self: DO NOT put hand sanitizer on chigger bites.

I felt a little sticky, but I figured it would at least aid in the evaporation process.

I know, my life is so lame...

I work a wedding this weekend, so I'm really going to be on the lookout for a fabulous Something New.

1 comment:

HandyMan said...

here's a good idea...use an alcohol-free hand sanitizer, several brands in the market...Wal-Mart and Target both carry "Soapopular"...your hand sanitizing experience will necessarily be much different...the non-alcohol products (the good ones anyway--those that use benzalkonium chloride as the active ingredient) are antiseptic, hypoallergenic, don't cause dry/irritation, can be applied to cuts/abrasions---and are effective against a long list of pathogens...good insight at www.handhygienefacts.blogspot.com