Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Something New, #100

The Big One and I are walking in the Susan Komen Race for the Cure on Sunday, and I started a website for donations.

Our goal is only $50, since I put it up just a few days for the event, but we're halfway there, thanks to my old friend, Chipmunk Cheeks.

We did it together last year, and despite the 90 degree heat at 8:00 AM, she did great and did not whine once.

My mother had breast cancer in 1983 when she was only 45. A friend of mine is on her 5 year recovery, and she's 5 years younger than me. I'm not being morbid, but I've always had the view it was not if I get breast cancer, it's when. I've already got my treatment planned.

So if you read this, slip us a fiver or two. I know the pink ribbons are annoying, but it is something that touches all of us.

No comments: