Sunday, June 29, 2008

Something New, #63

I had planned on my Something New for today to be "attended a wake," but that fell through. Apparently, the deceased is not quite dead yet.

I got a call last week from the woman I cater-waiter for, asking me to work today for a wake this afternoon. This morning, I got a call from her saying that it had been post phoned until Monday or Tuesday, depending on when the honoree actually passed away.

That would be the definition of putting the cart before the horse if I ever heard it.

Actually I thought wouldn't have been nicer for the soon-to-be deceased if they just propped her up at the wake before she actually passed away, that way she could go to her grave after hearing everyone say all those nice things about her?

So technically, I didn't try or learn Something New today, but I think this makes a much better story.

Anyway, here is a photo of my great-great-great grandfather's headstone. Last summer I took The Big One and The Little One on vacation, and one of our stops was the family plot. Other moms are mean, and take their kids to theme parks and on cruises, but we visit the family plot.

At least they'll know where they'll eventually end up. Much more important than a ride on the Tilt-a-Whirl.

No comments: