Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Something New, #59

I continue my life in petty crime (the honeysuckle died, BTW) by trying to learn how to crack a combination lock.

I have absolutely no short term memory. So when I lost the combination to my lock I use at the health club, I figured I was SOL.

I went online to see if Master locks would email me the combo if I gave the serial number. They will, but you have to mail in a signed affidavit. Seems a lot of trouble for a $4 lock.

So then I looked online to see if I could figure out the combo. Apparently, it can be done, just takes time and patience, of which I have very little.

I worked on it for about 30 minutes then took a break. I'm going to keep trying, because it's a cute purple lock, and I KNOW the combination is buried somewhere in my memory.

Another thing: Why is it when I go to work out, there is always someone sitting in their vehicle, waiting for someone to pull out of a parking space that's close to the door? Doesn't that seem ironic, given that the person who is waiting for the space 20 steps closer to the front door is very likely going inside the health club to run on the treadmill for five miles?

No comments: