Saturday, June 7, 2008

Something New, #41

Absolut Freshness
I read an article in the KC Star a few weeks ago about local actor, Ron McGee. He mentioned an old theater trick of using vodka in a spray bottle to freshen the costumes.

I will have to admit, like most women (and you know you do this, too)I'll wear a bra for a couple of days before I rinse it in the sink, and hang it on the shower rod to dry ("and I don't like the panties, hanging on the rod").

So I had an old bottle of Absolut that I think I got in the duty-free when The Ex and I took a cruise, sixteen years ago. I did the spray bottle thing, and I think the bras did seem a bit fresher. I sprayed down my comforter, because it does have somewhat of a doggy odor, and I think it seems better too.

Don't know if it's cheaper than Febreze, but what else was I going to do with a sixteen year old bottle of vodka?

No comments: