Friday, June 27, 2008

How to be a Good Parent

I feel that one of my priorities as a parent is to embarrass my children as much as possible.

Case in point:

Last night I had The Big One in the car with me and we were driving through our neighborhood to pick The Little One up from dance class.

We passed a woman on the sidewalk, who was wearing the exact same t-shirt as I had on at that exact moment.

This would not be that unusual, but the t-shirt in question is a rainbow tie-dyed "Keep Austin Weird" t-shirt. What are the odds that the two of us, living in Johnson County, Kansas, would have on a rainbow tie-dyed "Keep Austin Weird" t-shirt at the exact same time, in the exact same neighborhood?

I whipped the car around, stopped, and hopped out to show the woman. We both squealed and thought it was a riot.

Meanwhile, The Big One was scooting down under the dashboard.

Just doing my job.

No comments: