Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Something New, #52

Sunshine Day

Instead of sitting on my botto at lunch and surfing the net, I went for a walk. The new office is in an area of town that is being built up at a rapid rate, so there wasn't much traffic.

The office is across the street from one of Southern Johnson County's megachurches, or as I my friend Scott and I like to call them, Warehouses of God. This church is so big it has not one, but two warehouses, a huge parking lot for the handicapped (Although, if they're such a great facility, why do they need this at all? Shouldn't they be healing all the crippled?), a special parking lot for first time visitors and its own stoplight in the campus. I wondered if the members of this congregation have their own serial numbers and if they have to wear them on little embroidered patches on uniforms.

Anyway, it was a nice day for a nice walk and it was a mile around the campus. I may get motivated and keep a pair of sneakers under my desk, in case I get inspired again.

No comments: