Monday, November 24, 2008

Something New, #208

Unlike Marc Acito, who inspired this exercise, I don't plan out my Something News, I just see where the day takes me, and what I can do to veer off my usual path. This Something New has been in my kitchen cupboard for about the last 5 years, so I gave it a try.

My brother and either his girlfriend at the time, or his wife (sorry M & M, it's been so long, I can't remember) gave me a coffee grinder one Christmas. I hate to cook, and actually grinding my own coffee beans and brewing my own coffee from them, seems sort of like cooking. For most people, for me, that's the equivalent of slaughtering and processing your own cow to make hamburgers. So it's sat is my cupboard ever since.

So when I got a free pound of coffee beans with purchase at World Market, I got it down, and fired it up.

Like the Bass-o-Matic, it was quite a rush. Ready to pour.

But again, that's what this exercise is all about. Do something that someone else may think is ordinary, but that you've never done.

No comments: