Saturday, November 15, 2008

Something New, #202

Well, this is something I've know I've never done: I shaved a chair.

That's right.

You heard me.

I shaved a chair. Actually two.

I have two recliners that I sold on eBay, and was cleaning them up before the buyer came to get them. These chairs are about 15 years old and in pretty good shape, but had a lot of pilling on the fabric. I thought I had one of those sweater shavers that everyone seemed to have in the mid 80s, but I must have thrown it out at some point. So I just used a regular razor, and I have to say, they look pretty good now. For 15 year old chairs anyway.

They sold for twice of my opening bid to a woman who lives near Dallas. I did put in the listing a couple of times "PICK UP ONLY" and thought she missed that. Nope. She's having UPS come and pack them and ship them to Texas. I'm thinking this may be twice as much as she paid for them and am sure there are green wingback recliners somewhere in Dallas, but I figure it's her money. I was thrilled to sell them though, because I bought a loveseat and new rug for the living room with the proceeds. And they were part of my "married furniture" so I'm getting that bad juju out of the house.

Now if I can just bring myself to sell my wedding crystal and china.

No comments: