Friday, November 7, 2008

Something New, #195









I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to personal grooming. I color my own hair, don't get manicures, because my hands are always in something, maybe get a pedicure once a season, shave my own legs, and manage the deforestation of other areas on my own.

But just after reading Kabul Beauty School, there was an article in the KC Star about eyebrow threading. It sounded easy so I gave it a try.
It was really interesting. The woman that did it just used a spool of plain white thread. She held the loose end between her teeth and had about a foot long section of thread that was twisted and looped around her fingers. She just rolled the twisted thread against my skin, and it pulled out the hair. It didn't hurt at all. While I was having it done, another woman came to watch, then a couple of others. It was a real chick moment in the middle of the mall.
It's hard to tell from the photos, but there really is a difference in the way the brows are shaped. They have a much sharper line, but don't look over done. I'd definitely do this Something New again.

No comments: