Friday, November 21, 2008

Something New, #206

Usually when I get a phone call from one of my credit card companies, with the sales pitch of "we'll give you your credit report from 3 major credit bureaus, if you sign up for ....." I say no thank you and hang up.

When I got the call today, I set the handset down and started counting.

1:37 the sales person talked without drawing breath.

I didn't picked it back up right away, and didn't speak to her, just to see what would happen. I gave it another minute, and she'd hung up.

Now I know that sales person is just trying to make a living, but I really don't see it that way. Since the credit card companies are losing so much money with defaults and bankruptcies, they're trying to make it up anyway they can. Selling "free" credit reports is just another way for the credit card company to make money is all I see.

I think next call, I'll ask the sales person if they know I can already get up to 3 free credit reports a year, directly from the credit bureaus, no strings attached. Wonder what they'd try to sell me next.

No comments: