Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Something New, #205

This Something New wasn't something I tried or learned, but rather something that happened.

I ran over an animal.

In my defense, it was dark, and I honestly didn't see anything until it was at my front driver's side tire and by that time, it was too late to react. I didn't even have time to slam on the brakes.

It made an awful thump. I don't think I'll ever forget that sound as long as I live.

I'm not sure if it was a cat, a squirrel or a bunny. I'm going to go with the squirrel though, because I hate the idea of killing someone's cat.

Actually, I'm not even sure if I killed it, because there was a car behind me with its lights on, and I didn't see anything in the road.

Or in my undercarriage.

I think I'm rationalizing.

Anyway, both girls were with me. I told them I hit a big branch.

No comments: