Sunday, November 16, 2008

Something New, #202

As I mentioned before, I don't spend a lot of time and money on personal grooming. For myself or my kids for that matter. The girls are pretty low maintenance and I trim their hair a couple of times a year. I stopped taking The Big One to get her hair cut, after we cut 10 inches off to donate to Locks of Love, and she broke down into tears afterward. ("But honey, we've talked about this for two years! You wanted to do it!")

So today I took the dog to the groomer for the first time. And she got the "spa package."

"Spa Package."

For a dog.

I love my dog, but am not one of those pet owners who thinks their pet is human. I don't dress her up, except for Halloween, I don't baby talk to her, I don't cook her food, and in fact, buy her GENERIC dog food. But she has been click, click, clicking on the floors the past few weeks and I couldn't stand it anymore.

We walk so much that her nails stay filed down pretty good. In the 2 1/2 years we've had her, I've only cut her nails once, and that was with me sitting on her, feeding her animal crackers and my friend Jeff, cutting them.

But I have to say, after the $40 "spa package," she looks good. The Big One said she smelled like a candle and I wouldn't let her run loose in the backyard because I didn't want her to get smelly so soon. She isn't clicking as much either.

So even though I would have preferred to spend $40 on a "spa package" for myself, I think it was worth it.

No comments: