Friday, October 31, 2008

Something New, #187

With the recent passing of TCGIBS42Ys dog, I purchased my first sympathy card for a dog. I went to two stores, the second being a Hallmark, and was disappointed in the selection. The CVS only had 2 and the Hallmark, 3. The girls and I are going to sign it, and drop it off with a pot of mums. The Little One was so sad last night when she heard the news and cried and cried, but forgot about it today with all the Halloween candy in front of her.

But on a happier note, I got the job I interviewed for! I think I was actually interviewed by the attorney's assistant, because the attorney was on a conference call, and the assistant came out and talked to me for a while first. I got the call about 30 minutes after I got home, so I think she must have checked my references beforehand. I really liked both of them and it looks like a job where I can learn a lot. Plus, it's a 16% increase in my salary! I start a week from Monday, so in the meantime, I can finish tuning up my house and have some time for other things I've been putting off.

I am so happy and relieved!

No comments: