Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Something New, #155

Instead of getting The Little One a physical present for her eighth birthday, I used her birthday money toward karate lessons. She's wanted to take karate since she was four, and since lately she seems to have trouble focusing, I thought karate lessons would help with that and kill two birds with one stone.

The lessons are 45 minutes long and just far enough away from the house and any close grocery or discount stores, that I don't really have enough time to run errands while she's taking a class. So I was looking forward to having 45 minutes to sit, read and breathe.

I was wrong.

Apparently, if you stay to watch a class, you also "volunteer" to be a parent helper. Not that I'm against being involved, but not what I had planned.

But for my turn as a parent helper I got to hit kids on the head with a foam block on a stick.

So it wasn't time wasted.

No comments: