Saturday, October 25, 2008

Something New, #181

Every time I go downtown, I pass a store called Architectural Salvage. Every time I go by it, I think, "I'd really like to go in there sometime." We passed it last week on the way to the Obama rally, I asked both my friends if they'd ever gone in, and neither had.
The Little One and I were downtown again today, so I finally stopped in.
I thought I died and went to heaven.
Three floors of architectural salvage. A whole room of just hinges. Another of lamp globes. Too much to see in one visit, especially with an 8-year-old. I think next time I go, I'll take a lunch.
The really cool thing was, one of the owners had on the same Obama shirt I had on. Just another reason it's an awesome place. And hindsight being 20/20, I wish I'd asked them if they needed any help. I still might, if I don't find another gig quick.

No comments: