Thursday, October 9, 2008

Something New, #164

Seeing how I'm about to be downsized, I applied with an employment agency. I've never used one, just have gone directly through employers. I had a 2 hour interview, and the two agents I met with seem to be fired up and think they can find something for me.

I'm feeling very ambivalent about it though. My boss, who I love, is really trying to place me with another attorney, so we can still work together, although I'd be on another payroll. If the world revolved around she and I, that would be perfect, but I am the sole income for me and my girls, so I have to just keep throwing spaghetti on the wall and seeing what sticks. I feel like I'm betraying her confidence, but I have been honest with her on my position.

Then I think, if we were men, this wouldn't even be an issue.

"It's not personal, Sonny. It's strictly business."

No comments: