Monday, December 1, 2008

Something News, #209-217

The girls and I visited my parents over the Thanksgiving holiday. Since they have WebTV, which is still DIAL UP, I'm posting in a big lump.

I learned:
  • You can't buy cold beer at the liquor stores in Oklahoma. The logic behind this is that the purchaser of a cold beer would pop one open in the car. I don't know how that logic would apply to someone who bought a bottle of liquor. Perhaps they don't sell mixers, ice or glassware.
  • Wild turkeys can fly. I learned this when a small flock flew over the hood of my car.
  • I can probably eat my weight in banana-pineapple-Cool Whip-cream cheese-apricot Jello salad. After I do that, I can no longer bend over to tie my own shoes.
  • A single night at the Four Seasons in NYC costs $1,059.00.
  • Wheel chair crossings exist.
  • If TNG sleeps in The Little One's room, I can get 6 hours of sleep in a row.
  • It's OK to say "I don't want to," instead of trying to think up excuses.
  • Driving straight into 30+ MPH winds with the luggage on top of the car cuts my gas mileage in half.
I also visited the Russell Stover factory in Iola, KS, located on Marshmallow Lane, and went through the McDonald's drive through 4 times in less than a 24 hour period. This would also contribute to the fact I can no longer tie my own shoes.

Another Something New is that I didn't turn into Bridget Jones while visiting my parents. Not the Renee Zellweger Bridget Jones, but the Helen Fielding Bridget Jones. The Bridget Jones who is treated like 14-year-old when she visits her parents, and has to wear ghastly outfits her mother buys out for her. My mother did buy me a new outfit ("It's just like Katie Couric wore when she climbed the Himalayas") but it was actually something simple and didn't look like something my mother bought for me. I also didn't feel guilty about staying out late. However, I did not get Mark Darcy/Fitzwilliam Darcy/Colin Firth at the end of the visit as a lovely parting gift.

No comments: