Thursday, May 29, 2008

Something New, #32

Llama, Llama, Ding Dong

Sometimes I see things that other people don't see.

I don't mean hallucinations, I just notice stuff that other people don't, then when I mention it, they accuse me of being on crack.

Like last Christmas, I was working a wedding downtown, looked out the window of the space, and saw Santa Claus driving a convertible in the street below.

No one believed me.

Later, I heard two young women who were guests telling the people at their table they had seen Santa, and no one believed them.

Except me.

When I was at the Three Dog Night show, I saw two pirates. I told my friend Mel, and she said I'd had too many tequila shots. No more than fifteen minutes later, she said "Oh look! Pirates!"

So when I was driving out to our new office space, and saw LLAMAS in a field in the suburbs, I hopped out of my car and took a photo.

They really are llamas, it's just a really bad photo. The subdivision is behind them, so it's obvious we're still in town.

See, it's not the crack or tequila.

No comments: