Saturday, February 14, 2009

Something New, #284-292

In DC for 9 hours now, and so many Something News, I'll be caught up for weeks!

Learned you really do need to get to the airport 2 hours early in a post 9/11 world.

Visited the National Gallery, and nearly wept in every room. I took so much art history in school, and grew up with so many art history books, it was almost surreal to see the works of art in real life. I felt like such a hick taking photos of them, but I didn't care.

Saw the Washington Monument, Lincoln Monument, WW II Memorial and Vietnam War Memorial. And yes, the Vietnam Memorial is as moving as they say. The Lincoln Memorial was packed, due to Abe's 200th birthday, but we got to enjoy it for as long as we wanted.

The Big One and I took our first subway ride. We also got lost for the first time on the subway, but that was to be expected.

I learned that in a pinch, the security lock on a hotel room door can be used to open a bottle of beer.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: