Sunday, February 1, 2009

Something New, #273

Again, Americans have too many choices.

I decided to bite the bullet and get a mini-laptop. I've been wanting (not NEEDING) one for a while to check e-mails, etc. while away from my desktop and this upcoming trip was the deciding factor.

I did all my research online and picked a model and headed to the computer superstore with a list of questions.

I learned my lesson about asking questions at the computer superstore.

Apparently, if you don't know the answers to the questions beforehand, the sales people start to speak in some strange, foreign tongue with words I've never heard.

I just wanted to know what I needed to buy to get my e-mails away from home.

After a couple of calls to friends and relatives, I picked out a different model than I originally chose, and headed home, only to find it really wasn't "ready out of the box" like the salesperson claimed and thanks to Good Neighbor Charlie, who explained it to me in a way I could understand, have it up and running.

I hope I don't have to make choices for a while.

No comments: