Friday, March 13, 2009

Something New, #325

I wonder at what point did my life become a sitcom without a laugh track.

This was my morning:
The girls had no school today, because it's the first day of Spring Break, so I thought "Yay! I don't have to get them up for school, I can sleep in until 6:30, only have to get myself together, and will be on time to work for once!"

My morning started at 5 AM when I woke up with The Little One's elbow in my eye socket. Which caused me to hit the snooze 3 times, so I didn't get out of bed until almost 7. I got myself showered, make-up'ed, blow dried in a timely matter, and made a sandwich for lunch. The my CFM called to ask if I had an extra hairbrush she could use. She was dropping off The Little One II for the day, and her bathroom is gutted at the moment, and she couldn't find her brush anywhere. I looked around, couldn't find anything, so offered her an elastic for a ponytail instead. While I was running the elastic out to her in her minivan, The Neurotic Dog counter-surfed and took my sandwich. I caught her in the act and wailed on her with the newspaper. I've never done that, because being a shelter dog, I don't want to trigger anything she may have happen in her past, but she KNEW she was wrong! Just gave me that sad, sad, "But I was STARVING!" look. Don't think she'll try that for a while.

So while I was beating the dog, The Little Ones I & II were screaming and squealing and woke up The Big One, who is as grumpy as I am when she's sleep deprived. Plus, she's 13 and grumpy anyway. I got everyone calmed down with a bag of donuts that CFM sent, made another sandwich and got out the door. Halfway down our hill, my stomach growled, and I realized I didn't eat breakfast, so I had to stop for McDonalds, which caused me to feel guilty for spending the money and calories.

So I was still about 5 minutes late to work, tired, cranky and hungry.

Plus I got a new computer yesterday, which is great, because the old one ran on hamster power, but it's Vista, so I'm not in the greatest state of mind to re-learn where all the buttons and settings are.

Can I just go back to bed? Please?

No comments: