Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Something New, #136

Because I work full-time and have two part-time gigs, I usually spend most of my "free" time on weekends frantically cleaning the house, mowing and cleaning the yard, doing laundry, grocery shopping, doing more laundry, running kids to birthday parties, walking the dog and doing still more laundry, if I take a break and do something else, I get behind by about a week.

So after my mom's visit over the weekend, when we spend the whole day basically shopping, I have been playing catch up.

This time, I was just too exhausted to do it all alone, and figured there had to be a better way.

I feel I have not been practicing what I preach by being a slacker parent, and not utilizing the able-bodied youngsters that live with me. They do some chores, like emptying the dishwasher, taking care of their rooms, etc. but we haven't ever had any structured arrangement.

So I came up with the cliche chore chart. I don't feel that I'm asking them to do hard labor, just dusting, wiping down the bathrooms, putting away laundry and vacuuming. I'm on it, too, so they will be more aware of what I do around the house and hopefully will appreciate it.

Yeah, I know. I dream big.

And on my continuing rants about the GOP campaign, I saw the "Maverick" commercial last night.

I think the McClain/Palin needs to rename themselves "Rebublican Lite."

No comments: