Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Thank God I'm a Country Boy (Girl)

I admit it. Like many of my FaceBook "friends," I am a fan of FarmVille. And I think I finally figured out its appeal, especially among mothers.

FarmVille is always neat and tidy. You know that when you log off of it, it will be exactly the same when you come back. No errant shoes or dishes left lying around. Everything arranged just the way YOU like it. And you can redecorate as often as you like and no one will complain.

You get presents EVERY DAY. Seriously, how great is that. That doesn't happen in real life.

There are no punitive damages in FarmVille. If you forget to harvest a crop, big deal. You can just always get a do-over. If you forget to tend to the animals or trees, they'll wait. They are there just for your pleasure.

You can be helpful and get rewarded every time. Or not. It's all virtual so who cares.

You can shop all you want and know your account will be replenished with just a few clicks of the mouse.

You can grow things and not get a lick of dirt on yourself.

You can have green or purple hair and no one will think this is weird.

It's truly the one little corner of my world where I have complete control.

No comments: