Sunday, May 18, 2008

Something New, #20


OK, I have always believed there is no such thing as bad cake. Even when it's not so good, it's still pretty good.

I was wrong.

I worked a wedding last night for job #4, and the wedding cake tasted just awful. We were clearing plates that mostly had literally one bite out.

Hope they can get their money back.

Also, what happened to the etiquette rule about waiting for the bride and groom to arrive before everyone starts eating? We had just put the fruit and veggie trays on the buffet, and had started passing appetizers. The guests swarmed the buffet table, and had literally picked it clean in about 5 minutes. It was like a swarm of locusts. We hadn't even put out the main dishes yet, because it was supposed to be appetizer and cocktail time. I'm not sure the bride and groom even got anything to eat.

Am I being old-fashioned?

No comments: