Friday, October 9, 2009

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

We were sitting at the breakfast table when we heard a terriffic crash from upstairs. Before I could get there to see what it was, The Little One figured it out. "HENRY!"

The Almost Feral Cat had finally gotten to The Immortal Fish.

Luckily, the bowl did not break, as it somehow got wedged between the desk and bookshelf, but all the contents had tipped out onto the floor. All the contents including Henry.

I managed to scoop him up, plop him in the bowl and got the bowl filled up somewhat with water. He was still moving and I crossed my fingers he would at least last until we got home for the day.

When we got home, he was at the bottom of the bowl.

So while The Little One was at dance class, The Big One and I headed to Petco for a replacement. As best as I can count, I believe this is Henry V. We had so much drama when her goldfish, Jessica and Jr., didn't make it for 24 hours in our possession, that I keep replacing the betas.

Probably not the best example of teaching the Circle of Life, but one less drama I have to deal with.

No comments: