Monday, March 9, 2009

Something New, #321

A couple of months ago, I noticed that a Paul Mitchell school had opened up near my house. I checked it out online and made an appointment for a haircut.

I've always had bad hair, and it grows so slowly, and since I've been growing it out, really only trust Cool Guy Joe to cut it. But it was only $10 for a haircut, and the students are supervised, so I took a chance.

I think I got lucky, because I got a shampoo, great haircut and blowout for $10. My hair had never been so flippy or shiny. The only downside was that after almost every step, an instructor had to sign off, so it took about an hour and a half.

I'm going back for highlights next month (another Something New, because I can't manage the grays on my own anymore) and because the school opened in an area that was almost a blight, am spreading the word.

No comments: