Thursday, February 12, 2009

Something New, #282

Reaffirming my status as a Slacker Mom...

The Big One wanted to attend dance class with one of her new middle school friends. I'll call this new friend "Maddie" because about 25% of her class is named Maddie. The rest are mostly Madisons.

I had to take The Little One to Brownies at the same time The Big One was being picked up by Maddie's family. She was OK with that, and when I got back to the house, there was a note with Maddie's cell number, her mother's cell number, her dad's cell number and the number of the dance studio, so I felt even though I'd let her go with strangers, she was in responsible hands.

Two hours later, I'm still waiting for her to come home. Her own dance class is only 50 minutes long, so I assumed Maddie's was about the same. It doesn't help that I watch way too much CSI and Cold Case, so I did start to kick myself for being so lackadaisical.

But she got home safely, and I learned to let go of her. Just a little bit. She's only 13, after all.

No comments: