Thursday, July 3, 2008

Something New, #67

Last month, the newspaper here did an article on how to recycle television armoires, since they are becoming obsolete because of flat panels TVs. They also posted a contest of readers sending in sketches of other ideas of how to refit armoires.

I'd never entered a newspaper contest and sent in 2 sketches.

I WON! $50 to Home Depot.

I do have to add, though, mine were the only entries. Still $50 to Home Depot will buy a bunch of plants for my yard.

I do have to add the anecdote I have about TV armoires.

The Ex and I were shopping at a chi-chi antique store on Lower Greenville in Dallas about 15 years ago, when this ultra-yuppie couple comes in and tells the salesperson they want to look at "antique entertainment centers."

I'm guessing those would have been the "antique entertainment centers" that Fred Flinstone used.

No comments: